Saturday 9 February 2013

Christmas stocking - Santa making Christmas cookies

For a few years now I've been making felt appliqué Christmas stockings for various family members. This last Christmas (2012) I decided to actually take photos of the completed stocking - previous years I've forgotten too before gifting them!.  This stocking was made for my nephew who is currently 7 months old.  I hope that he will have years of enjoyment from it (and excitement about what he might find in it from Santa!).

If anyone is interested I bought the stocking (Bucilla - Santa Making Christmas Cookies Felt Stocking Kit) from Anitas Arts .  At the time the exchange rate between $NZ and $US was really good, so it was cheaper for me to buy and ship to NZ than it was to buy from any store here.  It only took about 7 days from when I ordered it until when it arrived in NZ, and the staff at Anitas Arts were great about sending confirmation emails and parcel tracking numbers.

Now for the actual stocking!  I have no idea how many hours it took as I didn't record that, but I'm guessing about 100+.  Each piece of the stocking is stuffed, embroidered and beaded/sequined by hand.

It's a lot of work, but looks amazingly effective when finished!  I've included some profile shots so you can get more of an idea of the 3D effect.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment